Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Tender Mercies

In yet another example of my sweet companion's sensitivity to spiritual promptings, today we went to visit a man in a care center.   Kathy felt prompted to go, having chatted with his wife before.   We went yesterday but he was sleeping so we didn't wake him.  Today we went again and found his wife there with him.  We invited the young sister missionaries to accompany us and they cheerfully agreed.   The four of us gathered in his room and asked if we could sing to them.  At Kathy's suggestion I brought along my guitar.    So we sang.   We sang "I am a Child of God" and other favorites from the Children's song book.   We also sang "I know that my Redeemer Lives".   His wife was teary-eyed.   Hopefully not because we were off key.   The thing is, just last week she told us that her husband was not responsive at all, was not talking at all.  But today, he reached out his hand, shook ours and thanked us for coming.  I cannot explain fully the overwhelming sweet spirit which was in that room.   What Kathy organized us to do is exactly what the Savior would have done if he was visiting Dodge City.   What a privilege it is to be her companion!  What a privilege it is to be in the service of our Savior and try to do what he would do if he were here.   Oh, and for those of you suffering under harsh weather conditions wherever you are, (and we know our time is coming) it was again 75 degrees and sunny here today!  Life is good.  We are so blessed to be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some shuga!