Saturday, November 24, 2012

The day after Thanks

Elders MacArthur & Wilde (Wilde is from Kaysville) Sisters Kartchner & Vanderholm, Sister & Elder Williams
front row: Elders Brandon & Hathcock.

Yesterday we had our District meeting with our Zone Leaders present. These young men and young women are great leaders now, and will be great leaders in the Church some day. It's a joy to work with them and feel of their strong spirits.

Here are just a few of the things that I will never take for granted again. Family and friends aren't listed, because they are a given.
  •  Having to drive 45 minutes to go to the Temple. The closest temple we live near is five hours away in Oklahoma and it isn't even in our district.
  • Trees and mountains. We've got trees, but not like Washington...and mountains? umm no.
  • Delicious water that comes out of the faucet. We buy our drinking water by the gallon at Walmart. The first day we sat down for dinner I saw Ron take a drink of his water and saw  nature-made floaties swirling around his glass and did the dry heave gag.
  • Deseret Book. I miss walking into a good, uplifting, book store. I miss the smell of new books. I miss being able to buy something that will lift my soul.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some shuga!