Sunday, September 8, 2013

Our Weekend In a Nutshell

Ron and I were asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting today. Our topic was obeying the Commandments. I’ve got to admit that speaking in any meeting is not in my comfort zone, but as I’ve learned, “…anytime you are on the Lord’s errand, you are entitled to the Lord’s help.” (Thomas S. Monson) …and He gave it.

Then Ron & I and Sister’s McQuay & Mortensen and Elder’s Rodriguez & Carlson sang the rest hymn, Called to Serve. I love that song, because you don’t have to sing well, just loud and proud, and the Spirit is always there! Ron also taught our lesson in Gospel Principals class, and he lead the music and translated in Priesthood meeting. He is so amazing! Holy Cow I love that guy!

*****

So last night we and the Sister’s, along with Elder’s Hawkins & Sweeten, went out to the Brinkerhoff’s in Montezuma. Man, Sunnie and Kevin are an awesome couple.
They fixed us a huge, delicious dinner, and we gave them a brief message. Then the Elders left, and Sister Mortensen got a super cute haircut over in Sunnie’s salon. Then the Brinkerhoff’s built a BIG OL' bonfire.
 It was fun to sit and watch the flames...
 It was 95* outside...these girls with their hoodies, sheesh!
 And of course spiders (icky) and a bazillion June Bugs!

*****

When we got home (late) last night we checked our mail and found the key to the parcel locker.
I have to admit, I have a deep love for that parcel locker! (There. I said it.
My sweet little sis DeeDee sent us a box full of deliciousness! Thank you dear Sister!
Those Toasted Coconut Cashews are a little taste of Heaven in your mouth I tell ya!
...and so addicting that they should be included in the W.O.W.

 *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some shuga!