Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Because I love Him.

Every birthday gives me a chance to remember what happened to me at age eight that changed the path my life could have taken.
46 years ago I was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Having attended Primary after school only a couple of times, I knew very little about the Church or why I needed to be baptized. My mother was a convert of only four years then, and she had no support in the gospel from my father. With the help of many people along the way, line upon line I've come to know and understand more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and why it is so very important crucial in my life. And here I am today, serving a mission, teaching others about the love our Heavenly Father has for them, and how the Atonement of Jesus Christ can help us be clean of our mistakes and return to live with Him when our life on earth is finished.  We've seen so many miracles and tender mercies of the Lord while serving here in Kansas. Heavenly Father wants all of his children to return to Him. Of that I am sure. I bear testimony that God lives and He speaks to us through a living Prophet, beginning in this dispensation with Joseph Smith, and today our Prophet Thomas S. Monson. I am so grateful for this knowlege and I am happy to follow their counsel. Because I love Him. Amen.
*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some shuga!