Wednesday, August 8, 2012

We have been studying the lessons and CD's we were sent. I am proud to say that I can now ask: "?Donde esta la tienda?" (Where is the store?) and "?Quanto cuesta el boleto?" (How much does it cost?) I can also tell you: "Me llamo Hermana Williams." (I am called Sister Williams.) I'm starting to 'get' the pronunciation a little better. Now if I could just retain all this information, that would be swell! One thing I don't get, is if the "H" is silent-as in Hermana- Why in the eck do they even use an "H"? (It confuses me.) I also got an email today from the MTC telling me of the required immunizations. So I guess I'd better pull out my medical records and see what I still need to get. (I hate shots) We are in Utah for a week, then we're going up to Yellowstone for a couple days. I'm so grateful that Jon and Angela and the boys are holding down the fort back home. Tomorrow I have to give an inspirational thought for our Spanish lesson. Hmm... I wonder if it has to be in Spanish? This is what I came up with for my thought: "A single footstep will not make a path on earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path we must think over and over, the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some shuga!