Sunday, April 21, 2013

Great Sabbath, Boot Hill & Mail Shout-Outs


On Sunday the six of us missionaries who are serving in the Dodge ward spoke in Sacrament meeting. I think it was a good meeting for several reasons: 1) We got to partake of the Sacrament and renew our baptismal covenants. 2) Our new convert who was baptized last week was confirmed…then she bore a beautiful, sweet testimony of her conversion. >good enough right there, we can all go home now edified and uplifted!< 3) All six of us had only 5 minutes each to speak. That’s it. It was the perfect amount of time to keep the congregation awake with each new speaker. Really. And all of our young missionaries are so well versed in the scriptures, they just amaze me. I gave talk number 3, Ron gave talk number 4. He, of course is always fabulous, but this time he was fabulous to infinity in my book. While Sister V. was giving talk number two, we realized that no one was assigned The First Vision. What??! Six missionaries speaking about the Restoration of the Gospel and NO ONE IS TELLING ABOUT THE FIRST VISION?? So while I was up giving my talk, the magnificent Elder Williams completely redid his talk -still keeping it to 5 minutes- and brilliantly told of Joseph Smith’s first vision, which flawlessly was incorporated into the stream of all the rest of our talks. I love my companion. I am so blessed to be able to ride on the coattails of such a good good man.
*****
We have a lot of fun with these Elders & Sisters too.
This was our day trip to Boot Hill on P-day.
*************
Our mail shout-out and a six-gun salute goes to Angela for her card and note telling us about the goings on at home! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some shuga!