Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas
 
One of my favorite paintings: The Nativity by Carl Bloch.
 
This is a bitter sweet time of year to be serving a mission. Bitter because we are away from family and loved ones. The end. Sweet, because of our circumstances we are "forced" to forgo the usual trappings of Christmas with all the hustle and bustle and worry and stress. Even the decorating has been simplified eliminated, and that's something that I usually look forward to a lot. With all that taken away, I have been able to focus on the Christ part of Christmas. I love my Savior. He is the Son of God and truly my Redeemer. The little baby in this painting grew up and did something for me and for you that allows us to return to live with our Heavenly Father. Think about that. Because of Jesus Christ's Atoning Sacrifice you and I may return to live with our families ~ that same family that I am missing right now ~ and with our Heavenly Father. May the power of the season bless your lives. May you feel the Savior's love ~ every day.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some shuga!